Under the supervision of the Internal Communications manager, the communications specialist will help plan, develop and execute a multi-faceted internal communications program for more than 25,000 employees worldwide, ensuring that employees are well-informed about corporate news and events and invested in the company's mission and values.
· Create, coordinate and implement effective communication plans in support of programs, projects and initiatives.
· Serve as an in-house reporter, cultivating a network of internal contacts to gather news and story ideas.
· Research and write articles, feature stories, news briefs, speeches, talking points, memos, copy for promotional materials, etc.
· Coordinate the production and distribution of various communications tools and projects, such as printed collateral, training materials, posters, signage, newsletters and magazines, promotional items, PowerPoint and Brainshark presentations, CDs and videos.
· Assist in project planning, scheduling, proofing, quality assurance and outside vendor coordination.
· Provide clear and effective project management and scheduling utilizing tools such as Microsoft Project.
· Clearly communicate project status to all parties, analyze solutions, resolve issues and problems, identify alternatives, and make appropriate recommendations for resolution to ensure project success.
· Carefully monitor readership data and other metrics. Convene focus groups and conduct surveys to shape internal communications program.
· Lead meetings with editorial advisors to brainstorm communications projects and provide feedback.
· Monitor and update content on the company intranet.
· Collaborate with internal communication team members on various projects/initiatives.
In addition to the job specific requirements above, the following requirements are expected of all members of the team:
· Consistently maintains a professional demeanor and communicates in a respectful and collaborative manner.
· Follows direction, is engaged and productive and is flexible and adaptable to changing conditions and expectations.
· Collaborates with and supports other members of the company
· Maintains punctual, regular, and reliable attendance.
· Demonstrates the Company’s core values and complies with all Company policies and procedures
Scope and Accountability:
· Incumbent's decisions and actions rarely and minimally impact the company's revenue and operations. Decisions and actions may have a moderate impact on reputation, and/or customer satisfaction.
· Incumbent follows routine procedures and established guidelines, does not independently make decisions, and performs work under moderate supervision.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, English or related area required. Will accept any suitable combination of education experience and or training.
· Four plus years of communications experience in an agency or corporate setting. Experience with coordinating communications in support of IT initiatives preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing, and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with clients and employees at all levels. Knowledge of and experience with Associated Press (AP) writing style.Excellent organizational, editing, proofreading and research skills.
· Excellent project management skills, with demonstrated ability to work without close supervision, handle large workloads with competing priorities, and work in fast-paced environment.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills; ability to work and interact with employees at all levels, including senior management.
· Ability to manage time, prioritize tasks and produce results under tight deadlines.
· Deadline and detail oriented.
· Aptitude for electronic media, including demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
· Flexible and able to meet sudden and unpredictable needs.
· Photography and videography capabilities a plus.
· Familiarity with electronic and print media.
· Experience working with outside vendors.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs