£360 per day(PAYE Inside IR35)
The main function of an EMEA business analyst/ program manager is to manage preparation for a variety of internal and external VP-level meetings, assist with internal operations, and most relevantly orchestrate and drive strategic projects and business-generating initiatives in-region that involve functions across both product and business, such as local execution of horizontal priorities, EMEA-specific partnerships approach CRM, all of which require close regional alignment, steering and orchestration for maximum efficiency and impact.
A successful candidate will be an organized self-starter willing to engage across a diverse set of tasks, strong in project management, able to shift seamlessly between strategic counsel and smaller daily tasks and have excellent communications. This person should be a team-player and eager to work in a fast-paced, high-expectations environment.
• Drive the strategic planning, development and execution process on key business initiatives, programs, revenue-generating business priorities and other special projects (e.g. CRM, global GBG priorities, EMEA GBG priorities, EMEA key levers) and ensure maintenance of a smooth rhythm of business for these workstreams.
• Develop and apply a deep understanding of the GBG EMEA business, priorities, key issues to connect the dots between teams and projects to identify and deliver on joint areas for synergy, efficiency, and collaboration.
• Interface and consult regularly with cross-functional teams at all levels and be a representative in planning, strategy and cross-functional meetings and events.
• Collaborate with colleagues and partners to coordinate across updates, key meetings and milestones, ensure preparation and framing of decisions as well as contribute a strong point of view.
• Ensure smooth management of the day-to-day operations of special/ strategic projects, e.g. lead operational reviews, ensure progress on deliverables, facilitate alignments.
• Synthesize workstream progress and consolidate into executive-level messaging and narratives.
• Significant experience with project management, strategy, management consulting, research, operations, or related field.
• Experience working directly with executive and C-suite level employees, both inside and outside of a company.
• Experience managing multiple tasks under timelines and shifting priorities, working independently and managing one’s time.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and production methods.
• Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Bachelor’s degree in business management, economics, finance, accounting or relevant field preferred.
Our Client is the largest social media company in the world. They have substantial B2B and B2C advertising and media platforms, as well as a nonprofit initiative. With the mission of bringing people together, they now boast over 2 billion users, and are rapidly developing as they influence the world around us.
Aquent is dedicated to improving inclusivity & is proudly an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications from under-represented groups & are committed to providing support to applicants with disabilities. We aim to provide reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, to those with a medical condition, disability or neurodivergence.