37,000 PA Pro Rata
Job Title: Desktop Publishing Specialist / Artworker
Client Location: Edinburgh, Scotland (remote) (once per month in office)
Salary/Pay Rate: £37,000 per annum pro rata
Firm, non-negotiable: No
Hours – Full time – 2pm – 10:30pm (Monday – Friday)
Duration: 12 month FTC
We’re looking for an exceptional artworker with a critical eye for detail. In this role, you will work as part of our fast-paced creative team for our client, a Global Asset Manager based in their Edinburgh office, producing high quality documents in InDesign and Microsoft Office. You’ll have an eagle eye for detail, a pride for accuracy and be able to employ client’s processes and resources to deliver work efficiently and to the highest possible standardswithin agreed timeframes. Current work types estimation is:
- 75% – Production related, updating figures (performance, headcount, AUM, charts, tables) on a monthly and quarterly basis. Requires knowledge of PPT, Word, Excel.
- 25% – Design requests, updating slides to ensure they are in line with branding requirements, helping to ensure word templates are formatting correctly or dropping content in Word. Ad-hoc design help for slides.
- You will be self-motivated and thrive on a range of tasks. You will bring a real energy to what you do, work well under pressure, keep your cool when challenges arise and look for solutions.
- You’re a team player committed to delivering outstanding experience for our clients. You’ll use your professional relationship building expertise to build trusted relationships and work proactively with our clients and other creatives within our client’s creative services team in London and New York.
- We are passionate about our people. We will develop, inspire, and create opportunities to progress and develop, adding value to the business and our customers.
- In this role you will be responsible for creating, formatting and amending documents using InDesign and MS Office from provided content, clarifying instructions with the client where necessary, and using the most appropriate branded templates and software.
- You will turn basic creative concepts into visually impactful documents in a range of document outputs. The content will include copy, charts, flow charts and diagrams. And you will work closely with our client’s Marketing, Sales and Compliance teams to ensure documents are brand compliance and content is accurate.
- Best in class ways of working: you’ll be responsible for delivering a high-quality product in accordance with the client’s house-style and document production and quality management processes, be able to confidently advise clients on best practice and offer suggestions for improvements. You’ll work with the rest of your team and use your collective expertise to solve any issues or problems.
- Delivering excellence at all times: you will be responsible for delivering a best-in-class experience to our clients.
- Working as part of this team the role requires excellent communication skills and the ability to balance, manage and prioritise work ensuring our clients are kept aware of progress and challenges as appropriate, responding to all incoming requests quickly and efficiently and in line with our contracted KPIs and SLA.
- Client relationships: you will be a natural at building trusting relationships with team and clients, communicating effectively for day-to-day document production and service delivery tasks.
- Be collaborative and open with our partners and client teams, sharing information and knowledge that supports our client.
● You’ll have a proven track record of producing professional documents in a fast-paced, deadline-driven production team in the Legal/Professional/Financial services industry, either as a supplier or in-house.
● Technical know-how: you’ll have expert, in-depth and up to date knowledge of InDesign and Microsoft Office suite, and experience using workflow and document management systems, and fast accurate typing skills.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICTAIONS
- This role will require you to manage multiple jobs, so communication, co-ordination and problem-solving skills will come to the fore. You will need to be able to work with your team to juggle, prioritise your time, and organise effectively.
- Client relationships: you will be natural at building trusting relationships with team and clients, communicating effectively for day-to-day operational tasks, playing a role in building the reputation of our document production team.
- The document production lifecycle: you’ll have a deep understanding of the document production process and production lifecycle, industry standard methods and tools. You’ll have experience with workflow systems and processes and believe they have a key role in production efficiency.
- Communication: you will have a clear communication style and be confident communicating at all levels and remain calm and focused in pressured situations.
- Innovation: you will have an interest in innovation and emerging technologies and bring fresh ideas and new ways of working into your team.
- Developing strong client relationships to ensure contract retention and additional growth
- Deliver on agreed client objectives and internal targets
- Innovation and transformation in the document production process
*This role is open for a limited time only!
Please include a CV and portfolio with samples of your work To be considered for this position you must be willing to travel to the Edinburgh office once per month
Please note: Next steps will be shared with shortlisted candidates by 23rd November 2023
A Gobal Communications agency.