£450 - £480 per day, PAYE only
We are looking for an experienced compliance professional to join the our client’s 2nd line Compliance Office team to invent simple solutions to difficult regulatory issues. The Compliance Manager is specifically responsible for providing Compliance subject matter expertise across lines of business offering payments, lending and prepaid products. The role holder will assist business units, compliance program teams in understanding the tactical steps required to launch products that meet the bar with respect to all applicable laws and regulations. The team uses their knowledge of FCA priority areas include safeguarding, complaints, outsourcing, fraud and AML, to advise the business on the connection to e-commerce and payments industries.
This is an opportunity to be the driving force behind a well-oiled and transparent compliance program and a champion of the businesses they support.
Payment Services Regulations (PSRs), FCA Handbook, MLRs, Data Protection and Privacy/GDPR, lending Regulations (multi -jurisdictions).
• Assist with implementation and management of an effective compliance advisory service providing timely and accurate input to stakeholders to facilitate their adherence to regulatory requirements and compliance expectations
• Work with legal teams to understand applicable regulations and regulatory risks associated with launching or changing products.
• Monitor regulatory change and provide technical guidance to the business on relevant regulatory issues that impact our compliance program, and assist where needed with implementation of regulatory developments
• Collaborate with internal risk management teams to identify steps necessary to mitigate regulatory risks and provide those recommendations to business partners in the form of clear requirements
• Assist with Compliance Officer Team’s reporting to governance committees including the Quarterly Risk and Compliance Committee and the Quarterly Legal Entity Board Meetings
• Assist with compliance reviews as part of the Compliance Monitoring Plan and provide enhancement recommendations as required to the business
• Support APUK’s Chief Compliance Officer in the maintenance and the ongoing effectiveness and implementation of all compliance policies and procedures across the business
• Assist in the day-to-day activities of the Compliance Officer Team including required sign-offs and approvals, regulatory reporting and reviewing compliance training
• Work with business leads to identify and collate relevant information to respond to requests for information from auditors and regulators in a timely way.
Basic qualifications and background
• Minimum of four years of Compliance Advisory experience in financial services/payment services firm, regulatory agency, consultancy, or law firm working in compliance, risk or internal audit.
• Understanding of payments legislation and its application in the UK and FCA supervisory regime.
• Ability to distil and discern important information from regulatory guidance, statutes and regulations, audit findings, and other documents and determine how it impacts the business
• Must be able to communicate complex / technical issues to meet the audience’s competency level · Must be able to perform independently and with minimal supervision
• Strong organizational skills – must be multi-tasked oriented and able to balance pressure and deadlines with constantly changing priorities and enjoy working in a fast paced environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Fluency in English required, written and spoken
• Highly numerate, with excellent analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent team player with ability to work closely with others to deliver results, identify and resolve issues; shares information and keeps team members and management informed
• Customer focused · Demonstrate an ability to think and reason logically
Preferred qualifications and background
• Payments or e-commerce background.
• Project management experience.
• Experience in implementation of Consumer Duty and/or Vulnerable Customers.
Due to high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contact about next steps.