£97k-£115k per annum (PAYE Inside IR35)
The main function of the Data Scientist is to produce innovative solutions driven by exploratory data analysis from complex and high-dimensional datasets.
• Apply knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries leading to prototype development and product improvement.
• Use a flexible, analytical approach to design, develop, and evaluate predictive models and advanced algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data.
• Generate and test hypotheses and analyze and interpret the results of product experiments.
• Work with product engineers to translate prototypes into new products, services, and features and provide guidelines for large-scale implementation.
• Provide Business Intelligence (BI) and data visualization support, which includes, but limited to support for the online customer service dashboards and other ad-hoc requests requiring data analysis and visual support.
• Experienced in either programming languages such as Python and/or R, big data tools such as Hadoop, or data visualization tools such as Tableau.
• The ability to communicate effectively in writing, including conveying complex information and promoting in-depth engagement on course topics.
• Experience working with large datasets.
• Master of Science degree in computer science or in a relevant field.
Our Client is the largest social media company in the world. They have substantial B2B and B2C advertising and media platforms, as well as a nonprofit initiative. With the mission of bringing people together, they now boast over 2 billion users, and are rapidly developing as they influence the world around us.
Aquent is dedicated to improving inclusivity & is proudly an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications from under-represented groups & are committed to providing support to applicants with disabilities. We aim to provide reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, to those with a medical condition, disability or neurodivergence.