- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Carla Bonello
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
- Provide business affairs services and advice to protect adidas business interests in its marketing content and ensure that related obligations are documented appropriately;
- Support the acquisition of necessary rights and legal clearance for activations from creative development to final delivery, whether led by an external agency/partner or internally produced content;
- Support project alignment with adidas policies, current regulations and industry best practices;
- Confer with internal legal teams to ensure that rights acquisition and activation is legally sound and consistent with adidas business practices;
- Support copy clearance process to enable compliance with adidas content review policies, including sustainability and product benefit messaging.
- Evaluate client's and other Digital teams creative concepts, scripts, storyboard and editsa and associated production elements for potential business affairs issues and risks and communicate Legal BA advice and recommendations to address risks and secure necessary rights; liasise with the appropriate adidas legal teams where required;
- Maintain updated library of business affairs agreements ensuring alignment with adidas policy and industry best practices;
- Support internal production teams with completion of business affairs agreements/shoot paperwork;
- Ensure alignment with Covid shoot production guidelines confirming adherence to adidas policy and fluctuating local government regulations and industry advice; provide support and guidance to internal teams and external partners on guidelines;
- Assist in review of digital copy; flag for product or sustainability claims and ensure stakeholders are verifying claim substantiation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A strong sense of business affairs management and administration with an ability to make practical evaluations of risk. Able to critically assess progress, anticipate business affairs issues, and provide solutions.
- Ability to work independently and manage and prioritise a substantial and diverse workload.
- Understanding of the global marketing/advertising industry, including knowledge of global advertising regulations.
- Understanding of rights management and IP, including negotiations + licensing.
- Flexible and result-oriented; Always ready to ‘go the extra mile’.
- Ability to remain calm during stressful situations while managing urgent deadlines, organising and multi-tasking a variety of details in ever changing situations with a diplomatic and problem-solving attitude.
- Team player, highly collaborative, with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency working with Office 365, Sharepoint and Smartsheet software.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years in a global Business Affairs role or similar experience
- Fluent English both verbal and written
- Understanding of the advertising pre-production, production, and post-production processes.
- Global Legal & Business Affairs
- Global Procurement
- Global TM
- Global Brand Production
- Global Brand Ops