- Start date:
We are looking for a hard working, self-motivated and creative communications professional to join the communications team of a global tech company in Amsterdam, focused on the Benelux and Nordic regions. The PR Manager will support the communications team for Europe in delivering a strategic communications plan across owned and earned channels.
The right candidate will be a passionate PR professional with excellent media relations skills, who is willing and able to roll up their sleeves and get things done. They will have a strong storytelling ability, a high level of strategic thinking, and experience in adapting communications to suit various audiences across earned and owned channels, including social media.
The successful candidate will be able to exercise good judgment at speed and will act as a strong representative of the PR/Comms function. They will be able to clearly formulate and communicate PR recommendations and plans to both peers and executives, drive collaborative decisions, and deliver results. They must have the ability to successfully work with broad stakeholder groups from all levels of the organisation as well as external agencies, while managing deadlines and changing priorities. They will also demonstrate exemplary writing ability, strong initiative, and a talent for seeking out stories waiting to be told.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Develop, deliver and execute regional PR plans to fully support communications in focus countries Maintain a strong, current understanding of the Netherlands, Swedish and Norwegian media landscapes
- Develop and strengthen relationships with key media in technology, business, lifestyle and national press
- Execute day-to-day communications strategies and campaigns, including ongoing news generation; profiling of executives and key opinion leader programs; and creative consumer campaigns
- Creatively and strategically deliver major news announcements ensuring strong key message penetration and maximum impact
- Align and integrate plans with marketing, social, AR, legal and other business and brand stakeholders
- Brief and manage external public relations agencies for successful execution and analysis of communications activity
- Write/develop and manage approvals for a variety of media materials, briefing materials, assets and owned content
- 7+ years of relevant technology and/or consumer PR experience either in-house or at an agency
- Experience navigating and working with social media channels
- Experience managing media relationships and collaborating with external agencies / stakeholders
- Experience working closely with cross-functional teams (e.g. legal, public policy, marketing)
- Fluent spoken and written English language skills; additional languages a plus
- Network of technology and consumer media contacts and a deep understanding of what resonates with them
- Thrives in a collaborative environment and is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
- Experience executing product launches, press tours, speaking engagements and driving an overall product narrative and PR plan
- Strategic and creative - ensures that PR activity delivers against business objectives and articulates key messages while being inspiring and engaging
- A strong bias for action and ability to work equally well with communications teams, executive management and external stakeholders
- Think and communicate clearly – formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues and create a concise and well-written narrative to express it