Our client is the most-visited curated marketplace for special objects in Europe. Every week, the platform puts on offer 65,000 items from around the globe, in more than 80 categories such as collectables, art, design, jewellery, watches, classic cars and more, attracting 10 million unique users every month. Although they only started a few years ago, their mission to make special objects available to everyone is already becoming a reality. The company's European offices house a dynamic, fast-growing and open organisation. They have a real ‘hands-on’ mentality, with a casual and friendly atmosphere. They share a strong team spirit, and all of their employees use their own unique talents and skills to make sure the company offers only the very best in online auctions.
The Role & Responsibilities:
We’re looking for a multi-disciplinary Creative Director to lead, grow, and guide the in-house brand creative team, as well as collaborate with external agency partners.
The Creative Director will be responsible for connecting business strategy to world-class creative execution in order to cut-through and build affinity for the brand. You will do this through seasonal trade campaigns, brand partnerships, events and integrated marketing campaigns - while thriving in a scale-up environment and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
The successful candidate has an impressive portfolio of work that spans multiple countries and languages, and understands how to develop scalable creative concepts for diverse markets, and customers - rooted in insights.
You appreciate the value of every channel (ATL and BTL) and have the proven ability to bring a campaign to life across various touch points including web, app, performance marketing, CRM, PR and social. It is the Creative Director’s responsibility to influence and inspire your creative team, while also partnering cross-functionally to ensure the brand is brought to life consistently, and with impact, on all touch-points, channels and campaigns.
- 8+ years of creative direction, leadership and execution in a creative agency or internal creative agency environment.
- You have global or multi-country working experience.
- Experienced in managing interdisciplinary creative teams.
- A strong portfolio of work across multiple brands, media channels and budgets.
- A strategic understanding of marketing, advertising and brand communications.
- The ability to craft compelling creative concepts in response to insights and strategic problems to achieve business objectives.
- A broad range of conceptual and executional experience with various channels and touch-points across paid, owned and earned media.
- A strong grasp of performance marketing and the ability to apply audience insights and analytics with creative problem solving.
- You consistently seek learnings and results to build and improve for the future.
- Extraordinary team leadership experience leading and inspiring a creative team, developing talent and team building.
- The ability to influence cross-functionally and with external creative partners to ensure brand consistency.
- Experience curating and partnering with a diverse range of creative and production companies.
- Excellent English proficiency is required, additional European or Asian languages are a plus.
The following are a plus:
- Digital or social agency experience.
- Experience in a tech, product or marketplace environment.
- Experience with both B2C and B2B brands.