The Communications Manager is part of the EMEA+ communications team and reports into the Communications Director, EMEA,+. The manager will help develop and implement integrated communications plans and programs for Europe and the Middle East, with the goal of increasing brand awareness, preference and sales. The shared mission is to turn this brand from a famous brand to a favorite brand.
Based in Amsterdam (European Headquarters), this position will report into the Communications Director, EMEA+ and will sit at the intersection of European Headquarters, the individual markets and agency network and Global Headquarters in NY.
• Support the Team in developing tailored integrated communications plans incl. press, influence, and advocacy for all EMEA markets, in close partnership with markets and/or agency network, where applicable
• Point person for pre-determined EMEA markets and agencies and provide excellent on-going service to all markets for all communication aspects
• Proactively suggest new ways to gain visibility and credibility within the competitive set, in line with budgets and strategies
• Responsible for seasonal planning and media mailings in collaboration with the Communications Director
• Manage client's product line presentations in on-brand, original, modern and engaging ways
• Pitch stories and products to relevant media, influencers/advocates/talent (particularly for markets which the Manager will be directly in charge of)
• On-going monitoring and analysis of markets’ coverage (on and offline) vs defined goals and KPIs
• Disseminate directives and assets received from Global Headquarters to markets and agency network ensuring they receive all necessary tools and guidance in a timely manner
• One-to-one appointments with press and influencers/talent to maximize brand visibility
• Compile and send weekly coverage to head office in NY
• Responsible for media alerts
• Works collaboratively with Communications Team and cross-functional departments
• Manage the EMEA Communications agencies for territories which he/she is directly in charge of
The Ideal Candidate:
• Ability to thrive in a very matrixed and multi-layered environment.
• Ability to multi-task and deliver in a very fast-paced goal-oriented environment.
• A detail-oriented, ROI and data-driven (desire to see efforts link to conversion/sales), and creative eye, combined with the ability to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously
• Creative thinker who puts the brand and the consumer first
• Excellent understanding of digital tools and key performance indicators (Earned Media Value, engagement rate, etc.)
• A strong can-do & entrepreneurial mentality; ability to deliver projects throughout the full project management life-cycle
• Can travel frequently within Europe and US (NY) for events and meetings (50%)
• An established network in Europe with key agencies and press/influencers
• A completed University or similar degree in marketing/economics, engineering, statistics/mathematics, computer science or related fields
• 3-5 years successful track record in integrated communications for Fashion, Luxury or FMCG brands. Agency experience a plus (Global or Regional experience preferred)
• Fluency in English (written and verbal); additional languages a plus