What does a Senior Technical Developer do?
Based in Amsterdam, the senior technical developer will participate in the end to end development process for the team. Working on knits product, developing product from conceptual drawings through to bulk delivery, whilst creating high quality and beautifully fitting garments. This person will be on the Fit Technician side of things and will report into the Technical Development Manager.
• Monitor construction and finish to ensure the styles are delivered to an elevated level.
• Liaising with European and Asian vendors and overseas buying offices.
• Sample tracking and in-house sample management.
• Handling of daily issues in end to end technical development, including spec development, fitting, vendor support & maintaining quality standards.
• Adhere to critical path, both internally and externally to support the development and production of the collection achieving on time for delivery at all stages of the process.
• Support PD team in achieving margin targets, reviewing construction at all stages of development & production ensuring all pricing and margin strategies are supported.
• Vendor collaboration in conjunction with product manager including allocation, cost & lead time negotiation, sample & bulk ordering, management & delivery.
• Cross functional partnership to ensure correct product is delivered in accordance to design, merchandising, technical and quality requirements
• Drive fit meetings including capturing comments and changes & communicating these internally and externally.
• Work closely with product managers & internal teams to capture, troubleshoot & resolve any product related risks during the development process.
• Work within our PLM system to ensure data integrity.
• Maintain tracking spreadsheets & departmental spreadsheets.
• Analyze markets and competitors
• Degree in Fashion Design/ Technology/ Pattern Cutting or other related courses
• The ideal candidate should have 4+ years’ experience in technical development, sourcing and production in knits.
• Eye for silhouette and attention to detail.
• Good knowledge and keen interest in knitting, construction, and production operation.
• PLM systems experience preferred.
• Must have good organization skills.
• Good communication skills in English – written and oral.
• Practical and proactive.
• Flexible and hands-on mentality.
• Strong team player.
• Available full-time (40h per week) for a 6-months contract only.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.