Global Creative Director
Our client are a famous global brand who sit on the intersection of consumer electronics and lifestyle. They have a small global HQ in Amsterdam, with an in-house creative studio consisting of 8-10 people.
They are looking for a Creative Director to lead this studio in terms of harnessing the big ideas and guiding the detailed craft needed to deliver quality, cutting edge conceptual, impeccably executed experiences across all touchpoints. They will provide hands-on oversight on a portfolio of active projects and ensure that work is artfully communicated to internal stakeholders.
This person needs to have experience with brand design as well as conceptual creativity (comms).
They will need to inspire and frame ideas from both a creative and a strategic point of view, based on trends and best practices.
They will be involved in mentoring direct reports and project team contributors, and embracing and propelling the studio’s spirit of exploration, open collaboration and making.
• Provide creative leadership and contribute to individual projects across different touchpoints including packaging, branding, (digital) campaigns, content, advertising
• Elevate the creative work developed in the studio, from copy to design execution, and ensuring all work is on-brand and tells a compelling and engaging story
• Mentorship of direct reports to guide their growth and success
• 10+ years’ experience as creative (Designer / Art Director background)
• Solid understanding of brand design, and design execution across touchpoints like packaging, digital and retail.
• Strong conceptual abilities, developing insight based ‘big ideas’ for the brand
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design or related field.
• Experience in leading the design and concepting / execution / production, across channels and touchpoints
• Experience problem solving and planning with a cross-disciplinary team, and being the lead creative voice towards partners and internal stakeholders.
• A cutting edge portfolio which includes conceptual comms work, as well as design across channels including digital and design
• Some Consumer Electronics and/or lifestyle/fashion brand experience, would be a big plus