Alexandra Mosie joined the team as a Talent Recruiter and now Talent Agent on the permanent side of things in Amsterdam. We checked in to find out a little more about her in our "Meet me in a Minute" series.
What's your area of expertise?
My area of expertise is recruiting for the retail, consumer goods, digital and tech industry. On sunny days I also integrate quick self-branding exercises and career coaching sessions in my interviews.
What types of roles do you recruit for?
I cover a wide range of roles from Sales & Marketing, Design & Creative Production as well as Executive & Business Management.
Why do you love what you do?
I get to meet interesting people and help them achieve their career goals. It’s incredibly rewarding to take part in someone's career development.
What industry experience/expertise are you looking for in Talent?
I look at the companies listed in the CV to get an idea of the person’s background experience (e.g. agency or client side). I’m interested in knowing about their previous team structure and the assigned responsibilities and deliverables. Work experience across international markets is always a plus.
What are your top 3 tips for Marketing Talent looking for new job opportunities?
- Preparare a clear storyline about your work experience.
- Identify your strongest skills: why should people hire you? What can you deliver?
- Showcase your skills and expertise though a portfolio/ achievements/ study cases.
Describe an ideal Talent relationship
An ideal relationship would reflect professionalism, effective communication and transparency. Given that most of the time I’m the middle man between a client and a candidate, quick response times and transparency can help me solve different situations smoothly (e.g. scheduling a client interview, giving/receiving feedback, negotiating salary and contract details).
What are your top 3 tips for Marketing hiring managers?
- Remind yourself that you’re hiring a real human being, not just a set of skills.
- Be aware of all diversity forms in your current team and anticipate how a new addition could influence/change the current dynamics.
- Be reasonable about your desired candidate profile and set realistic expectations for yourself.
How do people get in touch with you?
Preferably via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or LinkedIn. Feel free to reach out for a chat with an updated copy of your CV attached.
When you’re not at work, what do you love doing?
I like to cook recipes from around the world. Giving that travel is restricted at the moment, that’s my way of experiencing a tiny bit of other cultures.